Thursday, August 14

the story of a box in a stable

I am a kind of tree. Long time ago, I dreamt of being a jewelry box with beautiful carving surrounding my body. In fact, I was just an ordinary wooden box. My job was only carrying food for cattle, yet my dream of being a treasure box had gone away. No carving surrounded my body, no glory of this shape. And there was no gold or diamond inside me, just dirty grass and smelly straw. No king or queen touched me; just dirty mouth of a camel kissed my body.

One day, there was a man coming into my place. His wife was pregnant and it seemed to me that she would give a birth. This man told his wife that there was no place for them to stay. They were all too expensive for them. Finally that lady gave her birth in a cattle stable, the only place to stay. She put the newly born infant in me. And suddenly, thousand angels in the sky sang aloud. Their voices scattered heavily, passing by my body. They were glorifying the lord. The sky was so bright and beautiful. Later, the eastern star delivered The Three Kings to present a gift to the infant. I was amazed.

Now I know that my dream was granted. I kept the greatest treasure of mankind; the holy infant of a great man who saves the world.


(P. Budiningtyas)

No comments: